Sunday 5 February 2017

[REVIEW] Too Cool For School ArtClass by Rodin Elumineur

Hi everyone! So today, I'm going to be reviewing on one of Too Cool For School's best-selling highlighters, the ArtClass by Rodin Elumineur!
They released the Contour version, called Createur de Contour, which I absolutely love and is one of my holy grails. They finally released a highlighter a year and half ago (I assume) and a blush (but I didn't purchase it because I'm not a blush girl).
I was extremely excited when I heard Too Cool For School was going to release a highlighter but it took me some time to purchase it because I prefer buying it from South Korea than online shops because they're much cheaper there.
It comes with three beautiful shades
Anyway, let's get on with the review!
I like this highlighter actually. It has a very beautiful sheen that is not too overpowering or blinding. The shades are very gorgeous, cool and warm tones in frosty champagne to rosy pink gold shades. You can either use each shade on by one or mix all of them together to make one because champagne colour. It is very suitable for a pale-skinned person like me because it's very light.
Even though it is not very overpowering, it's not subtle either. It has a beautiful and healthy glow with one swipe. I packed it on a few times and it turned out very blinding so you can definitely build it up. The formula and consistency is also quite good. It's creamy and smooth when you swatch it but on the pan, it comes out as flakey and powdery.
It is more on the powdery side, whereas the Createur de Contour is more on the creamy to powdery side. On the pan, it looks flaky, but once you apply, it transforms into this beautiful sheen.

It is not cakey or blotchy or anything like that. It's also great for all skin types and different skin tones. It's also very easy to blend so you don't really need effort to blend it out or spread it across the cheeks.
How it looks like if you blend all three shades together.
Swatches of the three shades individually. (From lightest to deepest shade).

However, it does not last that long. I used it for 6 hours, and it faded off completely. You can't really see a sheen or a glow on my cheeks anymore after 6 hours. I suggest bringing this highlighter with you if you plan to be out the whole day or for a really long period of time. It does have a slight shine on the cheeks after hours, but it's not noticeable anymore and the lighting will not really catch the highlight, especially on cameras.

On a side note, the packaging is really simple yet pretty.

Price: 16,000KRW
Store Location: Too Cool For School branches, RoseRoseShop
Size/Amount of Product: 11g
Would I repurchase it? Yes, I would, because the shade is really stunning and it's very suitable for my skin tone.

Pros:
-gorgeous colour
-great for all skin types/tones
-not too overpowering
-not too subtle
-buildable
-easy to blend
-creamy and soft
-affordable

Cons:
-not easily accessible/limited stores sell this
-not long-lasting

Overall Comment:
Really stunning shade. I love to mix three of this colours together to make one even more gorgeous shade. It's creamy, soft, smooth, easy to blend, quite affordable and suitable for all skin types or skin tones. I recommend this for those who are trying out decent to good highlighters that aren't too overpowering or subtle.

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment