Monday 5 March 2018

[REVIEW+SWATCHES] ColourPop Give It To Me Straight Palette

Hi everyone! It's been 2 months since I last blogged and I'm finally back!

ColourPop launched this palette on the 26th January 2018, along with the InNudeEndo Highlight Palette, which I did not purchase because I was not really fond of the shades and colours.
This palette is the first palette that ColourPop launched that has the names of the eyeshadows below the actual eyeshadows. Before, the names of the eyeshadows were only listed at the back of the palette, but this time, the names are present in both front and back of the palette.
Description:
The Give It To Me Straight Palette by ColourPop is full of warm coppers and rich, romantic mauves. This palette includes 7 buttery mattes and 5 intense metallics that can be used wet or dry.

Price range: $16USD
Size: 12 x 0.85g

This palette includes:
  • mattes:
- matter of fact: matte pale pink
- bs: matte orangey brown
- frank: matte warm brown
- downright: matte soft pinky beige
- truth hurts: matte peachy beige
- tmi: matte dusty burgundy
- actually...: matte deepened chocolate brown
  • metallics:
- up front: metallic pale gold with a silvery sheen
- straight up: metallic warm gold
- candid: metallic bright copper
- forthright: neutral metallic rose
- be blunt: metallic rich raspberry




Swatches

Review

I am very happy and glad to say this, but I am very impressed with this palette. I heard and have read many wonderful things about ColourPop's eyeshadow formulas from beauty gurus to friends. I am excited to say that they're all right about that.

First of all, all the eyeshadows were really pigmented! Even the matte shades were absolutely pigmented! Secondly, the formula of the eyeshadows were super buttery and smooth. The eyeshadows were super soft and creamy as well. All the eyeshadows were also really easy to blend, which is always a plus.

Moreover, the colour scheme on this palette is absolutely stunning. The colours fit so well together and you can definitely create numerous looks with these eyeshadows. This palette is perfect. Why? Because it has transition shades, shades for the crease, inner-corner highlight shade, brow bone shade and several shades of metallics and mattes. This palette comes with warm-toned oranges and browns, mauves, plums and pinks. 
(I created a simple halo golden, orangey-look.)

Furthermore, the eyeshadows did not fade or crease too much throughout the day, which I'm very impressed with because some of my other eyeshadows have the tendency to do that. As long as an eyelid primer or concealer is applied onto the lid before applying these eyeshadows, it'll last for a very long time and will not crease badly.

However, the shade 'Frank' caused a lot of fall-out, which can get very messy. When I tapped my brush after dipping into Frank, some of the fall-out sprinkled onto my rug, and it was a lot! I'm concerned that this eyeshadow will run out very quickly.

I'm grateful that the palette is made of a more glossy material, so the palette will not get messy and it is much easier to clean the palette compared to if it was made out of a more matte material.

Unfortunately, this palette does not have a mirror in it, which is a little inconvenient for most users, but it does not really bother me personally.

Overall


I highly, highly recommend this palette, especially those who love their warm tones, mauve-y and orange-y shades. Even if you're on a budget or not, you will love this. 

Ratings

No comments:

Post a Comment