Thursday 12 March 2015

[REVIEW] Skin Food Black Sugar Mask Wash Off

Hi guys. I am back with another blog post on another review for Skin Food.
If you didn't know, Skin Food Black Sugar Mask Wash Off is actually an exfoliator or an exfoliant for the face. Not only that, this specific product is one of the top Korean exfoliants in stores right now. According to Michelle Phan, she had mentioned this product in her blog as the 'Korean Beauty: 8 Must-Try Products'. Michelle Phan isn't one that simply recommends products at any time, she only recommends products that actually works and is very effective.

I decided to purchase this (because I don't have an exfoliant and this was one of many few options I thought of).

Entering the store, there were 3 different types of mask-wash-off facial exfoliants: Rice Mask Wash Off and Strawberry Sugar Mask Wash Off and the one that I purchased, Black Sugar Mask Wash Off. Obviously, being quite picky, I chose the most recommended product out of the three and also, the most expensive one.

The packaging definitely looked smaller than I expected. Even though it was 100g, it felt smaller than that.

The packaging is quite okay. Opens easily, closes easily. Has a very fascinating tube-like shape. I don't really know how to describe the shape of the bottle but it's a bit strange, but in a good way.
I expected the packaging to be written in full Korean, but thank goodness, they translated the ingredients and instructions on how to use the product in English. What surprised me the most was that on the cover, it said: "Contains many nutritive ingredients such as fresh plants, fruits, etc. to keep our skin healthy". Michelle Phan stated that it also contains vitamins, glycolic acid and nourishing minerals. That made me want to purchase this product even more because obviously, Michelle Phan can't lie about it.

  • Review:
Let's just say that the texture of the mask is a little bit harder than I thought it would turn out to be. It was like scooping dry mud onto my fingers. Anyway, besides the texture, I definitely think that the sugar mask somehow did leave my skin feeling a lot softer and bouncier. I don't quite notice that my dead skin cells coming off (obviously because I can't see them), but I think after 10 minutes, rinsing it with water, the dead skin cells may have come off from the skin. As this is an exfoliant, I believe that this will remove dead skin cells because the saleslady in Skin Food said so, as well. The feeling on the skin is kinda funny too. I don't know how to describe but it's definitely not bad. 
  • What does it do to your face/skin?
Exfoliate your skin. Remove dead skin cells. Promotes good and glowing skin. It also contains fresh, natural, organic and good ingredients that can improve our skin.
  • How to apply it onto your face/skin?
Scoop a generous amount (just 1 finger full of the product) and rinse it with water. Don't apply the product directly onto your face without rinsing with water because it may cause irritation onto your face (it's a little too harsh or dry to your skin so please remember to add water or maybe toner as well). Apply the product onto your face, spread it all over your face and massage your face for 2 minutes. Leave it there for 10-15 minutes without touching your face and rinse it off with lukewarm water.

  • Where can you purchase this product?
-Skin Food (any store, basically). You can also purchase this product from G-Market and KoreaDepart.

  • How much was it?
-$22.00BND.

Overall Comment:
I am quite happy that this product did work for me (somehow). I see a little bit of improvements on my skin (not that huge of an improvement). It made my skin feel cleaner as well. Knowing the fact that dead skin cells are being removed from my skin feels great and relieving. I don't have to worry about sudden pimple break-outs or high-pigmentations. I'm also happy with the price. It was not as expensive as I thought. It's very affordable as well. A good quality product that actually works and is affordable? This product is the one for you.

Rating: 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment