Sunday 6 November 2016

[REVIEW] Jeffree Star Cosmetics Skin Frost Highlighter in King Tut

Hey everyone! I'm finally back after 2 whole months and I'm absolutely exhausted from all the exams that I just had.
Anyway, this was gifted to me by my bestie. Jeffree Star just launched his highlighters around mid-May of 2016 and man, they were hyped up! I have to agree with the majority that his highlighters look so bomb and caters a lot of colours: gold, peach, silver, green, and the latest ones like bronze, lavender, blue, dark blue, etc.
DISCLAIMER: I know I'll get a lot of hate from this because Jeffree Star has tons of scandals but honestly, I'm just a fan of his brand, but not a fan of him.
So let's go on with the review!

First of all, the palette is really big, the size is literally half of my face, no kidding. Technically, you're really getting your money's worth if the size of the pan is huge. Also, I love the hot pink packaging, it's different compared to other brands and it definitely stands out.

This is one of the best highlighters I've ever used, to be really honest. I know in most of my reviews, I always say: "I love it", "I'm obsessed", "This is the best product ever", but I genuinely love it.
The colour/shade is so gorgeous. It's absolutely blinding to most people, even to me, because it's so shiny and 'out-there'. It's a gorgeous deep gold shade, very shimmery (but not glittery). It's super pigmented and the colour pay-off is amazing.
Formula: Very creamy and definitely easy to blend. No fall-outs, doesn't feel or look cakey. Not powdery either. Very smooth and glides on like a dream.

Longevity: I guess it's quite long-lasting, but I guess it will fade away after a few couple of hours. I wore this for only about 4 hours only.
Does it transfer? Yes, of course. It's a highlighter.

I like how this highlighter can also act as an eyeshadow. Again, I mentioned that it's super pigmented and would look amazing on the eyelids.

I literally glowed in the dark. When I took a picture of myself in the dark (with dim lights, of course), I could only see my highlighter on my face, the rest of my face was gone (I know it sounds creepy, but it's the truth). Unfortunately, I deleted the photo because it creeped me out, so I apologise.
I've gotten quite a few compliments whenever I wear this highlighter. This colour is perfect for all skin types and for all skin tones.

I usually apply this with my fingers and then blend them with my fingers if I want my highlighter to stand out and 'blind' people. I usually use my Morphe M509 highlighting brush to apply this if I want my highlighter to look natural.

Here are the cons: It breaks easily. One drop on the ground and the whole highlighter is gonna collide and break like an earthquake. My bestie ordered King Tut as well, and it broke the first time when she received it in the mail. She ordered it again for the second time and... yes, it broke AGAIN. It's very fragile so I don't recommend anyone to bring this when you're travelling or when you're on the move.

Also, the product itself is heavy, so it's another disadvantage if you want to bring this with you when you're travelling. It's not very slim, it's definitely not small and it's heavy.

Price: $29USD
Size/Amount of Product: 15g/0.53oz
Would I repurchase this? Well, no. As much as I love this, I would not repurchase this again, because shipping is absolutely a hustle, it breaks easily and there are a lot of other amazing highlighters in the market that are definitely cheaper than $29USD.

Pros:
-pigmented
-quite long-lasting
-smooth
-great formula
-creamy
-a lot of product
-easy to blend

Cons:
-fragile/breaks easily
-pricey
-heavy
-bulky

Overall Comment:
It's a great product and I'm sure I'll use this very frequently because it's a great product. Colour is amazing, great formula, has a lot of product and quite long-lasting.

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment