Thursday 1 September 2016

[Worth The Hype?] Kylie Cosmetics Matte Liquid Lipstick & Lip Liner (Lip Kit) in Candy K

Hey guys! I'm finally back after a month! Again, I just finished my exams this week and in a month time, I'll be having another exam so I will be out again for 2 months (until November 8) so please bear with me.
I have done a review on Kylie Cosmetics Matte Liquid Lipstick and Lip Liner (Lip Kit) in Exposed so click on this LINK if you're interested.

I finally received Candy K this month and the only two reasons I got it is because number 1, it is one of Kylie's favourite shade and number 2, it has my name on it.

Fortunately, Kylie Cosmetics now sell most of their lip kits separately, so you can get your hands on the lip liner or the lipstick or both (for a cheaper price)!

Here's the lip liner. Again, it is not retractable, it is a pencil lip liner so you have to sharpen it when the tip gets blunt.
Here's the matte liquid lipstick. Again, it comes with a doe-foot applicator which makes it easier to apply the product.
I'll have to say, this lipstick is exactly the same as Exposed, only just the colour difference.
First things first, the packaging looks amazing! The shade of the lipstick, too is also really pretty. It's a beautiful and gorgeous dusty mauve-y neutral pink colour with a slight grey undertone. It's perfect for everyday-wear. Feminine and neutral.
Here's me just wearing the lip liner (no liquid lipstick) and it glided on so smoothly. With just one layer or coat, the pigmentation was beyond incredible and it was so easy to apply it. It's creamy even though it's a matte lip liner. It applied so easily that it took no longer than 10 seconds to completely fill in my entire lips.
Here's me just wearing the matte liquid lipstick itself (no lip liner). It is super pigmented with only one coat and if you apply a few more coats, it'll look flaky and thick so it's recommendable to apply one coat only. It applied very nicely and the doe-foot applicator is not a cheap quality type of brush, it's really good because it's firm yet soft and picks up a lot of product.
Here's me with both the lip liner and the lipstick. It looks really dry on my lips but it isn't actually very dry as it looks. It is actually more creamier compared to ColourPop's Ultra Matte Lipsticks, so it doesn't feel patchy and flaky. With the lip liner, it makes my lips look bigger, fuller and more precise. It definitely makes a difference with and without the lip liner. With the lip liner, you'll be able to draw a precise line and then apply the lipstick.
I tried it whilst eating breakfast and a lot did came off which kinda threw me off (a bit), but I didn't want to expect much from this lipstick as most of the lipsticks can't even stay on when we eat.
I tried it on the whole day without eating and sure enough, it did stay put the whole day. Only a bit of lipstick faded off but it's not very noticeable from a distance.

This lip kit is very long-lasting. Also, it doesn't transfer at all after it has dried for at least a minute or so.
As expected, this lipstick and lip liner was very hard to remove. It had to rub them off with makeup remover wipes. It does take a bit of time to remove them as it is a matte lipstick. You do need an oil makeup cleanser to remove this. I think removing with makeup remover wipes will damage the skin layer of your lips and your skin might peel off from the constant rubbing and removing, so I recommend applying lip balm after removing the lipstick.
Here are the swatches. The matte liquid lipstick really has a vanilla scent and it's very strong and sweet. Some of you might not like it if you are not into lipsticks that have strong scents or those who hate vanilla (even though I don't know anyone who hates vanilla). It didn't bother me and I actually enjoy that it has a sweet scent.

This lipstick is the perfect neutral pink lipstick I've ever own, so it's, again, great for everyday-wear.

Price: $29USD
Store Location: KylieCosmetics.com, @oddsandeven (my store, it's Brunei-based and only Candy K, Dolce K, Kourt K, True Brown K, 22, Reign, Like and So Cute are available)
Size/Amount of Product: Lip Liner- 1g | Matte Liquid Lipstick- 3.25ml
Would I repurchase this? No, even though I love this colour, I don't want to spend $29USD on a lipstick and a lip liner, I'm already committed to buying ColourPop matte liquid lipsticks.

Lip Liner

Pros:
-long-lasting
-beautiful colour
-everyday, wearable colour
-pigmented
-not too drying
-easy and smooth application
-glides on smoothly

Cons:
-expensive
-difficult to purchase as it's high on demand

Matte Liquid Lipstick

Pros:
-long-lasting
-easy application
-pigmented
-nice packaging
-doesn't transfer
-nice scent

Cons:
-can look flaky and dry
-need to apply lip balm/chapstick before applying lipstick
-expensive
-difficult to purchase as it's high on demand
-very strong smell (for those who aren't into those)

Overall Comment:
I actually like this more than Exposed, mainly because I'm into mauve-y neutral pinks more than nude shades. So is it worth the hype? Well for this colour, YES. I mean, if I had a lipstick colour under my name, it would be this colour because well, if you hadn't notice yet, my favourite lipstick colour is a mauve-y neutral pink. It's literally love at first sight, well for me at least. It's a really gorgeous colour, and plus, consistency is not so bad and it's super pigmented, long-lasting and non-transferrable.

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment