Saturday 7 January 2017

[REVIEW] NYX Wonder Stick in WS04 Universal

Hey guys! I'm back with another blogpost! Woooooo~
I've been looking an affordable and decent contour and highlighting stick that doesn't need to be absolutely amazing or life-changing so I've gathered a list of good and affordable contouring and highlight sticks and narrowed down to this and Etude House's Play 101 Stick Contour Duo.

The reason why I picked NYX over Etude House was because the price was much more cheaper and more reasonable compared to Etude House's.
This is the contour side of the stick.
This is the highlighting side of the stick.
I really liked this product. I wasn't expecting much from this because not a lot have raved about this online. I was surprised when this worked out better than expected.
The colour matches my skin tone very well and suits my fair skin tone. It is very smooth and creamy. It glided on my cheeks easily and the colour pay-off was really nice and natural. It was very easy to blend with a brush or a sponge so I was very pleased with the result.
the swatch of the contour
the swatch of the highlighter

The contour is more on the warm side so it looked very natural. It does have a yellow to orange undertone, but it's not too obvious and doesn't look weird on my face. The highlight looks more on the neutral to cool side. It's actually quite difficult to see the colour appear on my hand or my cheeks but it does give a natural and healthy glow on my cheeks.
contour only

This is how it looks like on my face after blending in with my makeup sponges from Daiso Japan. They're actually really good disposable makeup sponges if you're looking for one or you don't have the budget to buy a beauty blender.

highlight only

This is how it looks with both the contour and highlight on my face. Blending them was like a dream because it was so easy to blend despite it being in a stick form type of contour and highlight stick.

The contour and highlight did not come out as blotchy as I have expected, which is a plus, because no one wants to look flakey when they're out. It also didn't look oily or dewy so I'm assuming this product is suitable for dry and oily skin.
This product is also very affordable so that's another pro. However, if you're looking for a super intense contour or highlight, this stick is not for you. Why? Because the contour is just right for people with fair or pale skin. I picked the shade that looks natural on my skin tone. Especially the highlight, it is very subtle. It doesn't give you an intense glow or anything like that.
I like how easy it was for me to apply the product and blend everything in with a sponge or a blending brush. It's definitely great for travelling as it's lightweight and the packaging isn't bulky or heavy.

However, there aren't much product in the stick so it won't last very long, I suppose.

I have to admit that the contour is much better than the highlight because the shade of the contour is just right. The highlighter though, is hard to see on my cheeks, even under the sunlight or just light to be very honest. It's not very visible or obvious.

Price: RM52
Store Location: Sephora Malaysia (Southeast-Asia), Ulta.com, NYXCosmetics, Boots.com, Target.com
Size/Amount of Product: 0.28oz
Would I repurchase? No, I would very much prefer using a powder contour and highlight, but this was a very interesting product and it's an excellent contour and highlight stick, for me.

Pros:
-good colour pay-off
-natural finish
-easy to blend
-easy to apply
-affordable
-great for travelling
-lightweight
-not too drying or oily
-variety of shades and colours
-suitable for all skin types

Cons:
-easily accessible
-highlighter too subtle, colour doesn't show up

Overall Comment:
I really enjoyed using this product. It is an excellent contour and highlighting stick that has nice colour pay off, blends really easily, looks very natural and doesn't blotch or grease up during the day. It's also very affordable and can be found in many beauty stores worldwide. However, I prefer using a powder contour and highlight because the pigmentation is stronger and much deeper.

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment