Friday 6 January 2017

[REVIEW] ColourPop Super Shock Shadow in Paradox

Hey everybody!! I'm back again! So super sorry for the MIA. I was travelling and facing a lot of family problems in the month of December and a bit in January, but now I'm back!
I was very anticipated and excited when I received this in my mail because I've always wanted a matte burgundy eyeshadow that is not too expensive or pricey. 

This colour was from their Zingara collection which was released around 2016 Fall.
The packaging is a round type of packaging with a twistable cap in white. Their holiday collection features a black packaging (limited edition). I think the holiday collection has ended.

I was honestly expecting more from this super shock shadow. I've seen countless of swatches and reviews from many other beauty gurus and bloggers but I had mixed feelings when I decided to swatch this particular eyeshadow.
It's not super pigmented as I had hoped and the colour pay-off turned out a bit awkward. The first thing I noticed was that when I swatched the eyeshadow on my hand, there was a bit of fall out and it did leave a few small dry patches here and there.

It actually turned out more of a bright red compared to a darker and deeper red as I had hoped.
However, it did look pretty decent on my eyelid and my eyeshadow brush picked up the product better than I expected compared to when I picked up the product with my fingers. The colour turned out quite alright when I applied it on my eyelid.
It was quite difficult to completely remove the eyeshadow colour because it does leave a bit of stain behind. On the plus side, the consistency is very creamy, smooth and really easy to apply on the lid. It blends pretty easily as well.

Formula: Not a huge fan of the formula as the consistency isn't very nice, but it's creamy and smooth.

Longevity: Pretty decent lasting power. Doesn't fade off easily.

Does it transfer? No.

Price: $5USD
Store Location: ColourPop.com
Size/Amount of Product: 2.1g/0.07oz
Would I repurchase? No, because I'm very certain that there are prettier colours compared to this with better consistency and colour pay-off as well as pigmentation and formula.

Pros:
-quite pigmented
-long-lasting
-doesn't fade off easily
-creamy
-smooth
-affordable

Cons:
-awkward formula
-dry and flakey finish (but not on the lid)
-stains

Overall Comment:
I was not very impressed with the whole thing because of the formula, but pigmentation, smoothness and longevity were all there. I mean, I guess the price isn't bad at all because the colour itself is alright. ColourPop should improve their formulae of their super shock shadows. Really not a fan of their consistency and how the finish turned out dry and flakey.

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment