Sunday 14 May 2017

[REVIEW] The Face Shop Concealer Liquid Veil in V201

Hey guys! I'm back again with another blogpost. I think I need to work on my introduction of this blog because I seem to be repeating the same sentence every time I post.
Anyway, The Face Shop's Liquid Veil Concealer is one of the brand's best-selling product (with the exception of the Dual Veil Concealer).
It is said to be a lightweight, blend-able concealer that brightens the under-eyes. Let's test this out to see if it's worth the hype or not.
I have to say, I'm quite impressed with this concealer. It blends really well and spreads very evenly on the skin. It does not sit on the skin, like many other concealers out there and it really matches my skin really well.
It has a slight yellow undertone to it, but even those who has cool tones can definitely use this concealer because my skin tone is a NC15 (neutral-cool, fair).

The consistency is also quite decent and very lightweight. It has a really nice and pleasant creamy consistency, which makes it much easier to blend. It doesn't feel heavy or sticky on the skin, which is a plus. It also doesn't oxidise or form dry patches throughout the day.
It has a pretty decent amount of coverage. I have to say, it's about light to medium coverage. It doesn't have full coverage but it does have a decent coverage. I do still see my acne peeking out a little bit even after applying the first layer so I did a second layer so that it's fully covered.

Another pro is that it's build-able and you can keep on layering the concealer as much as you like and it won't look cakey or dry (unless your skin is already dry, then of course the finish would be quite dry).
It also looks really natural and has a bit of a dewy-finish, not matte.

Unfortunately, it does not last for a very long time. By the end of the day, I can see a bit of the concealer has faded away and there's a bit of creasing going on around my under eye but it's not too obvious or noticeable.
In addition to that, the size of the concealer is quite small. On the plus side, this concealer is very affordable.

Price: RM31.50
Store Location: The Face Shop branches, KoreaDepart, HermoMy, TheFaceShopMy, Amazon
Size/Amount of Product: 5,8g/0.20oz
Would I repurchase it? I would, because it's easy to access in my country, affordable and it was so easy to blend this concealer, plus it has a pretty decent amount of coverage.

Pros:
-very easy to blend
-creamy
-affordable
-suitable for all skin types
-easy to access to my country
-decent coverage
-build-able/layering is possible
-natural finish
-lightweight

Cons:
-shade availability is low
-not full coverage
-not long-lasting

Overall Comment:
It's a pretty good product as the pros outnumbered the cons on the performance on this product. It is very creamy, blends like a dream, decent coverage and lightweight. Best part about this concealer is that it's affordable and easy to access (in some countries, not all).

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment