Sunday 9 April 2017

[SWATCHES/REVIEW] ColourPop Ultra Satin Lips + Lippie Stix (6 shades!!)

Hey everyone! Welcome back to another blogpost of mine! And yes, another ColourPop blogpost. :) Don't judge.
You guys probably know I love myself some ColourPop lippies and I technically buy their lipsticks 5 times a year (I'm obsessed). No one can blame me because their lipsticks are excellent.

I've already reviewed the ColourPop Ultra Satin Lipsticks on my last ColourPop review: click here.

Ultra Satin Lipsticks

1. Calypso

It is a beautiful mid-tone pink that is perfect for the fall and winter seasons. This is by far my favourite shade ColourPop has ever released and I might actually repurchase this again if I ever finish this lipstick. Unfortunately, this stained my lips and left a red-ish wine colour on my lips when I was trying to remove it with a makeup remover.

Rating:


2. Screenshot

This lipstick is a beautiful nude deepened-peach shade that is great for the spring and summer seasons. It is perfect for everyday wear and it's not too dark or light. It compliments a lot of skin tones, especially those who are pale and fair.

Rating:


Pros:
-not drying
-full coverage/very pigmented
-quite long-lasting
-comfortable
-not sticky
-affordable
-lightweight
-does not transfer

Cons:
-expensive shipping fees (international)

Overall Comment:
This is by far my third favourite formula for liquid lipsticks. It's easy easy to apply, does not transfer, dries down beautifully, not drying, not sticky, full coverage and quite long-lasting. Best part about it is that it's affordable.

Lippie Stix

1. Cami
This is my favourite lippie stix ColourPop has ever released and it's a stunning matte cool-toned mauve pink shade that suits a lot of skin tones. It's suitable for all seasons and a great pop of colour for an everyday look. It appears to be darker in real life compared to the photos here.

Rating:

2. Chateau
This shade is a very bold and dark shade, matte blackened red, berry plum shade. It's great for the fall and winter seasons. If you feel like the most confident person ever and you just want to kill everyone with your looks, wear this. This actually stained my lips and left an awkward red-ish wine colour stain on my lips after trying to remove it with makeup remover (similar to Ultra Satin Lips in Calypso). You can visibly see that the edges of my lips have a red-ish wine colour, which is quite strange, but still, a very stunning colour.

Rating:

3. Poppin



It is a very bright and vibrant matte raspberry shade that is sure to catch everyone's attention. It's perfect for the spring and summer time and definitely makes you look more younger and youthful. This was a very bold choice for me as I always go for neutral to dark lipsticks but, I just wanted to get out of my comfort zone this year. Nevertheless, really gorgeous and vibrant colour.

Rating:


Pros:
-comfortable
-does not transfer
-not drying
-long-lasting
-creamy
-easy and smooth application
-glides on beautifully
-full coverage

Cons:
-expensive shipping fees (international)
-limited amount of product

Overall Comment:
Absolutely love this formula. It's the creamiest lipstick from ColourPop, very comfortable on the lips, easy to apply and full coverage.

Lippie Stix (Creme)

1. Sure Thing
It is a gorgeous Creme warm beige with a hint of baby pink that's very suitable for an everyday look. It's great for all seasons and compliments the skin very well. The new formula for this lipstick is absolutely amazing and it's like wearing a lip balm. Unfortunately right after I finished eating my meal, it was completely gone. Not even a hint of colour on my lips. It was quite disappointing, but very expected nevertheless, because hey, it's not a liquid lipstick. I just thought this was a little too nude for ColourPop's 2017 Valentine's Day Collection (because it should mostly consist of reds, pinks and oranges but hey, who am I to judge?).

Pros:
-comfortable
-very moisturising (feels like lip balm on the lips)
-gorgeous colour
-affordable
-lightweight
-not drying
-easy and smooth application
-glides on beautifully

Cons:
-transfers
-not long-lasting
-limited amount of product

Overall Comment:
I love this lipstick a lot, because it's the perfect nude lipstick that is moisturising and very comfortable on the lips. However, it doesn't last long and transfers.

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment