Friday 25 May 2018

My Night Time Skin Care Routine (all products under $20USD!)

Hi guys! It's been such a long time since I last posted a blogpost (and I swear I say this every single time I post one). I truly apologise for the lack of commitment for this blog but I was really busy with my exams.
Anyway, I'm finally back with an updated night time skin care routine!!! All of these products cost less than $20USD so if you're a broke sister, this blogpost is just for you!
If you want to find out what products were in my previous night time skin care routine: click here.

My Skin Type: Normal to oily, acne-prone skin

FIRST STEP: REMOVING MAKEUP

Removing makeup residue is really important as the residue that is still on the face can cause pimples, acne and other forms of blemishes if the makeup is not removed completely. If I am wearing makeup on that day, I will definitely be using a cleansing balm, Banila Co. Clean It Zero (USD16.00) that has been raved by a lot of YouTubers and makeup gurus.
Right after removing my makeup from my whole face (including my neck), I use the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water (BND8.00) to do my next step of double cleansing. To apply this product, I use the some Daiso cottons (which are amazing, by the way). This product is super effective in removing all the stubborn makeup residue that is still on the skin.
This product is really great in removing eye makeup as well as base makeup and it is an excellent dupe to the Bioderma Micellar Cleansing Water. However, I would not recommend anyone to use this remover to remove liquid lipsticks because it does not efficiently remove the stain.

SECOND STEP: CLEANSING

This is the second (or first for some people) and one of the most important skin care step of your life: cleansing. I use the COSRX Salicylic Acid Exfoliating Cleanser (BND15.00) to cleanse my skin as it contains an excellent ingredient 'Salicylic Acid' that helps reduce blemishes and promotes clearer skin. It cleanses and clears out all the impurities on your skin that have been collected during the day and evening.

THIRD STEP: EXFOLIATING

After cleansing my face, I would exfoliate my face, but only TWICE A WEEK. DO NOT exfoliate daily as it can cause inflammation, dehydration + dryness and will destroy your healthy skin cells. The safest number of times to exfoliate your face is twice or thrice a week.

I would use the Skin Food Black Sugar Mask Wash Off (BND14.00) to exfoliate and scrub my skin. It's a really effective exfoliator that leaves your skin super smooth and supple.

FOURTH STEP: CLAY MASKING

Since I have normal to oily skin with a ton of blackheads and pores (especially on my nose and cheeks), clay masking is very essential step for me. I use the Sarining Bhuana Pure Green Clay (BND12.00) to do clay masking. I do this twice a week. It leaves the skin feeling smooth and firm, but a bit dry. This product is only available in Bali Canggu. A dupe for this product is the popular Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask (BND20.00)

FIFTH STEP: DIY TURMERIC MASKING

This is an extra step that no one really needs to do, but if you get frequent pimples, acne and blemishes, this step will probably help you. As I have acne-prone skin, a simple DIY Turmeric Mask recipe I found online will save your skin. Turmeric helps to reduce the size of pimples, acne and blemishes.
I will do a blogpost on how I achieve my turmeric mask that is effective for acne-prone skin type.

SIXTH STEP: TONING

Toning your skin is a pretty important step that many would neglect because they believe that the toner 'does not do anything for your skin', but in fact, it balances the pH level of your skin and helps with double cleansing.


I use the Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner (BND14.20) to tone my skin and perform double cleansing. It does it's job decently but it's definitely not the best toner I've ever used. It's still pretty decent though. I would not recommend this product for those who have dry skin as it contains alcohol (that tends to dry up the skin). 

SEVENTH STEP: APPLY SERUMS / ESSENCES

Sometimes when I get lazy to exfoliate with this Skin Food product, I would use the The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% + HA 2% (BND18.00). It is a very strong exfoliator that helps remove dead skin cells and smoothens out your skin.
I would usually fan my face to let the product absorb into my skin faster. The next serum that I apply right after the lactic acid is The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Solution (BND15.00), which helps to reduce pimples, acne and blemishes.
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% (BND16.00) is the next product I apply right after the salicylic acid. This product helps to reduce pore size and blackheads.

EIGHTH STEP: APPLYING EYE CREAM

A lot of people also neglect this step because they think "it's also NOT important to apply eye cream", but really our under-eyes are probably one of the driest part of our face. The skin around your eyes is the most fragile, more prone to dryness and quicker to show age and fatigue (like wrinkles). DO NOT NEGLECT THIS IMPORTANT STEP. If you are 16 and over, please apply eye cream religiously. 
It's important to find an eye cream that is ultra-moisturizing that also helps with anti-aging. I use the Innisfree The Green Tea Seed Eye Cream ($20USD) because it has green tea extracts which has anti-oxidant properties and it has a moisturizing and consistent formula.

NINTH STEP: MOISTURIZING

One of the most crucial steps in skin care is to MOISTURIZE your skin. If you have dry skin, use heavier and richer creams/moisturizers. If you have oily skin, use a lighter cream. Simple as that. Since I have normal to oily skin, I would use a lighter moisturizer so my skin will not produce too much sebum throughout the night.
I would take a pea-sized amount of the Nature Republic Aqua Super Max Moisture Water Cream (BND15.00) first and then add on some of the Alive:Lab Centella Dressing Powder (USD10.00) that helps to fight acne and inflammation of the skin. Then, I mix them up together and apply it on my trouble areas (mostly on my pimples).

FINAL STEP: APPLY ACNE PATCHES / BLEMISH CREAM

I would alternate my NexCare Acne Patch (BND5.00) and The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% (USD12.90) when it comes to the last step of my skin care routine.
I would use the acne patches if my pimples are on a flat surface (cheeks, forehead and chin). If my pimples are not on a flat surface (nose, eye area), I would apply the blemish cream.

EXTRA STEP: LIP BALM

It's important to moisturize your lips even if you have smooth and supple lips. The Vaseline Pure Petroleum Jelly (BND4.00) is a very multi-functional product that does more than 2 functions! I usually use this as a lip balm, while applying it with a small spatula.

That is all for my Night Time Skin Care Routine on a BUDGET!!! I hope you guys enjoyed this blogpost and hope to see you all soon in the next blogpost!

No comments:

Post a Comment