Friday 1 July 2016

[Worth The Hype?] Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Collection

Hey guys! I'm back again with another review on eyeshadow palettes!
Many beauty gurus raved and are in love with this palette. It's been raved soooo many times that it's not even a surprise to see this palette in a favourites video on YouTube.

This has been my ultimate dream palette of mine and I've always wanted to get this for years, just because the colours looked so gorgeous and almost every single Beauty Guru I know raved about this and featured this in their favourites videos.
The palette looks bigger than I expected, to be very honest. As you can see, it looks exactly like a chocolate bar and it comes in a magnetic flap. It is made of 100% natural cocoa so it's not heavy on chemicals.
Here are the names of the shades. All named after desserts or sweet treats.

I know there are tons of reviews on this and I don't actually HAVE to review it (since there are so many reviews on this), but I'm gonna do it anyway. By the way, I'm a huge fan of Too Faced.
My ultimate favourite eyeshadow palette, ever. It's amazing. First of all, it smells like chocolate, or cocoa powder. Second, holy freaking cow, the colours are amazing! It's super pigmented and the colours are so gorgeous, I love most of the colours in this palette.
swatches part 1

It's a very versatile palette because it has neutrals, fun and bright colours and metallic colours with textures like mattes, satins, shimmers and glitters. Some of the colours are very creamy and soft like Strawberry Bon Bon, Salted Caramel and Milk Chocolate. The glittery eyeshadows has a rougher texture like the Black Forest Truffle and Candied Violet. The rest are quite creamy and smooth. I apologise if my description on the textures on the eyeshadows are too blunt. I admit I'm not the best when it comes to describing the textures.

It blends incredibly well, not surprisingly. It blends like a dream. Really easy to blend, you don't need to exert too much energy in blending.
swatches part 2

In addition, this eyeshadow lasts for a long time. It doesn't smudge or anything, it doesn't magically disappear during the day and it doesn't transfer that easily (unless you rub it vigorously). You definitely need an eyeshadow primer if you want it to blend easily and last even longer.
night-out look (Creme Brulee, Semi-Sweet, Salted Caramel)

I have realised that the shimmery shadows are more pigmented than the matte ones (which is usually the case in most eyeshadow palettes anyways). Still, the matte shadows are quite pigmented.

This palette is perfect for everyday-wear, bright and fun looks and formal events, that's why I really love this palette.
slightly smokey with a mauvy purple look (Salted Caramel, Candied Violet, Triple Fudge)

Here are my favourite shades: Salted Caramel, Marzipan, Hazelnut and Creme Brulee.

Price: RM199
Store Locations: Sephora (Worldwide) store branches, Ulta.com, Sephora.com
Size/Amount of Product: 0.56oz
Would I repurchase it? No, as much as I love this palette, I'm sure there are other amazing eyeshadow palettes out there that I would like to try out like Lorac Pro Palettes, Urban Decay Naked Palettes, Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance, etc.

Pros:
-made with natural ingredients (100% cocoa powder)
-nicely scented
-very pigmented colours
-gorgeous colours
-doesn't transfer easily
-long-lasting
-versatile
-blendable
-variety of shades

Cons:
-quite expensive
-not budget friendly
-packaging might be easily opened

Overall Comment:
So is it worth the hype? YES. If you're just looking for one palette that can fulfil both bright looks, neutrals and night-out looks, this is the palette for you. If you're not really a makeup person but you just want a versatile palette, this is also the palette for you. Pigmented, gorgeous colours and made of natural ingredients.

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment