Friday 17 June 2016

[Worth The Hype?] Kylie Cosmetics Matte Liquid Lipstick & Lip Liner (Lip Kit) in Exposed

Hey guys! I am finally reviewing the most anticipated lipstick product ever! I literally received so many messages from my friends or on ask.fm to review Kylie Jenner's new shade, #Exposed and I'm finally doing it now!
So if you guys don't know KylieCosmetics, you guys are literally living under a rock. KylieCosmetics is owned by none other than the beautiful, Kylie Jenner! KylieCosmetics was launched on the 30th of November of last year and man, the site crashed like crazy!

I managed to get Exposed on the day it was first launched on the 14th May last month and the package arrived on the 30th May (it took only 2 weeks to arrive). Purchasing a Kylie Jenner lipstick wasn't easy last month, because I had to wake up at 3am to 4am in the morning on a school day and quickly order it as thousands of people were on the site at the same time, buying Kylie's lipsticks. I will post a demo on how to successfully purchase a lipstick from KylieCosmetics soon so stay tuned!

So anyway, you guys probably already know that this lip kit comes with a lip liner and of course, the matte liquid lipstick. Unfortunately, they do not sell them separately so if you want to try a certain shade of the lipstick, it comes with a lip liner too.
The lipstick comes with a doe-foot applicator.
It is a pencil lip liner and unfortunately, it's not retractable or the twistable type of lip liner. You'll need a sharpener.

Anyway, let's get on to the review!
First things first, the packaging looks phenomenal! It's so cool and pretty at the same time because it has like a melting lipstick dripping down the packaging. The colour, too is also really pretty. It's a nice nude colour with a slight orange undertone.
This is me just wearing the lip liner (no liquid lipstick) and oh my gosh, it glided on so smoothly. With just one layer or one line, the pigmentation was uncanny and it was so easy to apply it. It's creamy even though it's a matte lip liner. It applied so easily that it took no longer than 10 seconds to completely fill in my entire lips.
This is me just wearing the matte liquid lipstick itself (no lip liner). It is super pigmented with only one layer and if you apply more coats, it'll look super dry and thick so just apply one layer only. It applied very nicely and the doe-foot applicator is not like a cheap quality type of brush, it's really good because it's firm yet soft and picks up a lot of product.

Just wearing the lip liner on is already good enough because the colour is technically the same as the lipstick, except, it's a little (just a tad bit) darker. Just pack on a lipgloss or a moisturiser and you're good to go.
Here's me with both the lip liner and the lipstick. It looks really dry on my lips but it isn't actually very dry as it looks. It is actually more creamier compared to ColourPop's Ultra Matte Lipsticks, so it doesn't feel patchy and flaky (even though it looks a little bit like it). With the lip liner, it makes my lips look bigger, fuller and cleaner. It definitely makes a difference with and without the lip liner. With the lip liner, you'll be able to draw a precise line and then apply the lipstick.
I apologise for the blurry picture

So I tried eating dinner whilst with the lipstick on and unfortunately, it removed almost every single lipstick on my lips. It was almost completely gone, but it was expected as most of my lipsticks fade away every time I eat my meals. Only a bit of lipstick stayed on the top part of my lips while the bottom one was completely gone.
I tried it on the whole day without eating and sure enough, it did stay put the whole day. Only a bit of lipstick faded off but it's not very noticeable.

This lip kit is very long-lasting. Longevity is amazing. Also, they don't transfer at all after it has dried for a minute or so. 
It does kinda look a bit grey if you look from far away.

As expected, this lipstick and lip liner was very hard to remove. It had to rub them off with makeup remover wipes. It does take a bit of time to remove them as it is a matte lipstick. You do need an oil makeup cleanser to remove this. I think removing with makeup remover wipes will damage the layer of your lips and your skin might peel off from the constant rubbing and removing.
Here are the swatches. I have heard from beauty gurus that the lipstick smells like vanilla and they were definitely not kidding. It really has a vanilla scent and it's very strong. It's not exactly the most pleasant scent, but it's not so terrible either. Some of you might not like it if you are not into lipsticks that have strong scents or those who hate vanilla (even though I don't know anyone who hates vanilla).

This is a really nice everyday lipstick. Very wearable.

Price: $29USD
Store Location: KylieCosmetics.com, @oddsandeven (my store, it's Brunei-based and only Mary Jo K, True Brown K, 22, Reign and all lip glosses available)
Size/Amount of Product: Lip Liner- 1g | Matte Liquid Lipstick- 3.25ml
Would I repurchase this? No, even though I love this colour, I don't want to spend $29USD on a lipstick and a lip liner, I'm already committed to buying ColourPop matte liquid lipsticks.

Lip Liner

Pros:
-long-lasting
-beautiful colour
-everyday, wearable colour
-pigmented
-not too drying
-easy and smooth application
-glides on smoothly

Cons:
-expensive
-difficult to purchase as it's high on demand

Matte Liquid Lipstick

Pros:
-long-lasting
-easy application
-pigmented
-nice packaging
-doesn't transfer
-nice scent

Cons:
-can look flaky and dry
-need to apply lip balm/chapstick before applying lipstick
-expensive
-difficult to purchase as it's high on demand
-very strong smell (for those who aren't into those)

Overall Comment:
So is it worth the hype? Maybe. It really is up to you if you think it is worth the hype or not. Personally for me, I would go in between the fence. As it turns out, I like the lip liner a little bit more than the lipstick itself. Don't get me wrong, I love the lipstick too, but somehow, it's a little bit dry-looking and looks flaky, whereas the lip liner doesn't look flaky and dry, even though it's matte.

Rating:

4 comments:

  1. Hi :)
    I just came across your beauty blog, and thought I'd leave a comment.
    I really like the review, the color looks pretty on you :) I think I might try True Brown, if I ever get the chance to buy it on the site, but idk. Do you think her lip kit is worth all the hype?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Thanks so much! :) Personally for me, the lip kits are just as good as some drugstore matte liquid lipsticks as well as some cheaper matte liquid lipsticks like ColourPop. Is it worth all the hype? My answer is yes, well sort of. Because even though Kylie's Lip Kits look flattering on a lot of skin tones, the price is up there. I would personally rather purchase ColourPop mainly because it's just a lot cheaper and they have a wide selection of colours and shades to choose from. This is just my opinion though. I think True Brown will look great on you and hopefully, you'll be able to get your hands on it! :)

      Delete
  2. Exposed looks really good on you!! Also nice swatches :)

    ReplyDelete