Saturday 3 December 2016

[REVIEW] ColourPop Ultra Satin Lipsticks (4 SHADES!!)

Hey guys! I'm back again with another blogpost. I've missed blogging so much. I recently moved to my new house (but obviously I'm still going to visit my old house). It's been pretty busy on my side lately so I hope you guys don't mind the long wait.

Anyway, I picked these 4 gorgeous shades up from ColourPop last month and I'm so excited to share you guys my thoughts on them. The shades are in Magic Wand, November, Dopey and Mess Around.



As you all know, ColourPop releases new products every month, and that's why I'm a huge fan of them for doing so. Plus, they just had a collaboration with Hello Kitty, their Holiday 2016 Collection was just released and, they came out with new peach shades for their peach collection and I might add, the names of their lipsticks from their peach collection are so cute: Airplane Mode, Speed Dial, ScreenShot, etc.

So without further-a-do, let's go on with the review!
Just to clarify, the formula for the ultra mattes are very different compared to the ultra satins. Anyway, let's start with the first lipstick.

Magic Wand
This colour is a light nude, perfect for everyday. This nude is a traditional nude, it doesn't have grey, yellow or orange undertone.

November
This colour is a mid-tone warm peachy pink, coral, perfect for the spring and summer season. It is 
quite bright, but still quite wearable for everyday. It's a really gorgeous colour.

Dopey
This colour is a dusty mauve purple colour. It's an incredible colour, perfect for the fall season. If you're not into dark wine or burgundy colours, this colour would be perfect for you.

Mess Around
This colour is a mid-tone cool brown grey-beige undertone. I've never seen this type of colour and it's really unique. Again, perfect for the fall or winter.
Formula: Creamy, but has a satin to matte finish. It's less drying compared to their Ultra Matte Lip. Very smooth, great consistency, easy to apply and just slightly sticky texture.

Longevity: It is quite long-lasting, but not as long-lasting compared to their Ultra Matte Lip. Can last for almost 9 hours. When I ate my meals, the lipstick did fade off, but there's still some left on the lips. I recommend to bring this lipstick with you at all times when you're outside planning to eat.

Does it transfer? It doesn't, but it'll take a few minutes to set.

I love the doe-foot applicator, it makes it easier to apply onto the lips without any difficulty. Unfortunately. it's quite difficult to remove the lipstick with a makeup remover, but it's definitely easier to remove compared to their Ultra Matte Lip.

Price: $6USD
Store Location: ColourPop.com (they finally ship internationally since 12th July 2016, also, they're shipping internationally for free if you spend $50USD or above)
Size/Amount: 3.5g/0.11oz
Would I repurchase these? Maybe, but I'm planning to buy more other lipsticks from ColourPop, but to be honest, I would repurchase November and Mess Around again.

Pros:
-affordable
-great colour pay-off
-many colour choices
-quite long-lasting
-does not transfer
-lightweight
-very pigmented
-easy application

Cons:
-expensive shipping fees (international)

Overall Comment:
I honestly prefer the Ultra Satin Lips over the Ultra Matte Lips any day, because the formula is much better and less drying compared to the Ultra Matte Lips. This formula is my second favourite, right after Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipsticks' formula. Easy to apply, great consistency, long-lasting, does not transfer, very pigmented and great colour pay-off.

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment