Saturday 11 March 2017

2016 Beauty Favourites | Part 2: Skin Care, Body Care, Lip Care & Hair Care

Hello guys! So sorry for the long await. I've been busy going to college as I just started two weeks ago and have been preparing it beforehand. Anyways, here's the second part of my 2016 Beauty Favourites.

Skin Care

1. Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam
I actually like how pleasant this cleansing foam is. It has mini little beads that also help to cleanse the skin and face properly. My face feels really clean and smooth after washing my face with this cleanser. It's also made of natural ingredients from Jeju Island in South Korea, so it's definitely safe to use on the skin and face. Plus, it's affordable so that's a pro.

2. Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask
I think this is an excellent clay mask, especially for those who have oily to combination skin. It removes excess sebum and oil from the skin and removes pores. It's not too drying and it does feel very smooth and gentle on the skin. It's not too harsh as well. The best part about it is that it's from Jeju Island in South Korea so it's natural and plus, it's affordable and effective. My skin has a bit of a difference when I use this and when I don't. It also has a slight brightening effect as well.

3. Clarins Day Screen Multi-Protection UV Plus Anti-Pollution SPF 50/PA++++

I absolutely love this sunblock because it has a really high SPF and that means it protects the skin even more. Anything over SPF50 or under SPF30, it will not protect the skin properly. Another plus is that it has a rosy glow finish, which gives off a youthful and slightly pink hue on the cheeks. It's quite hydrating but not shiny or anything like that. It's perfect for all skin types and the consistency/formula is excellent.

4. Skin Food Black Sugar Strawberry Mask Wash Off
I actually prefer this over the original Black Sugar Mask Wash Off, because the smell of the strawberries in this product is really fragrant and fresh, and I don't even like strawberries. It's very gentle on the skin, despite it being a scrub and exfoliant. It definitely removes the dead skin cells and brightens the skin. It's also super affordable and a little goes a long way on this product.

5. Tony Moly Wonder Honey Moisture Cream
I absolutely love this moisturizer, even though most say that this is a light moisturizer and it's mainly used for people with combination to oily skin. I have dry to normal skin right now but I still use this and it really moisturizes my skin to the max. As long as I pack the moisturizer more onto my face, it'll definitely be more effective. It smells really nice and it is very light on the skin, but moisturizes the skin completely. My skin immediately feels soft and supple after using this moisturizer.

6. LA'Derm Perfecting Purifying Control Aqua Serum
Most people won't know this brand because it doesn't promote its products a lot and they're quite difficult to find. Quite frankly, I've been using this serum for over 4 years, since I started my second year of middle school and now I'm in my first year of college (dedication right there). This is an amazing serum as it really clears up the pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, redheads, blemishes and bumps on the face/skin. It contains anti-bacterial properties and works quite similarly to Sunday Riley's Good Genes. It's super effective and definitely makes a difference after using this for a week.

7. Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
This is a really good dupe to Bioderma's Micellar Water (as it costs a fortune just for a micellar water). It removes makeup really effectively and quickly. It's quite gentle, but it does sting the eye a little if you rub your eyes aggressively. It's super affordable and can be easily accessible to many stores worldwide. I just like how this comes in different sizes and does not irritate the skin.

8. Too Cool For School Pumpkin Sleeping Pack
As I've stated a while ago, I have dry to normal skin, an overnight sleeping pack is vital for me. It's a good substitute for the Laneige Water Sleeping Mask, especially when you're on a budget. It's super moisturizing and makes my skin feel super soft and supple. It also brightens the skin and gives off a natural and beautiful glow on the skin without it looking tacky and it doesn't feel sticky. My skin immediately soaks up the product and leaves a bit of moisture behind.

Body Care

9. Soap&Glory Scrub 'Em and Leave 'Em Body Buff
This is my first ever body exfoliant and I have to say, I do enjoy using this product. It comes in little beads that will help scrub off the dead skin cells on your body. It smells really pleasant and refreshing (has a floral scent, in case you're wondering). It definitely leaves your body feeling smoother and softer after using it for a few times.

10. Guardian Intense Hydration Hand and Body Moisturizer

This might be quite shocking to some Bruneians, Malaysians and Singaporeans but yes, I definitely enjoyed using this product in the year of 2016. It really moisturizes my body, especially my dry and flaky arms. Of course, if you have super dry skin, this is probably too light, but for a person with a bit of dry skin, it works well. The back of my arms are super dry, so I use this product every night and after using this for a month, it made my arms much softer and smoother. It also doesn't feel sticky and has a cooling sensation.

11. Nature Republic Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel
One of my favourite Nature Republic products ever. This particular products works for both face and body. It is mainly used for moisturizing the face and body and when we get sunburnt or skin allergies, this will cool and soothe down the skin. It definitely is very calming and relaxing whenever I apply this. Since it's in gel form, it doesn't feel sticky and creamy, it feels more hydrating and moisturizing. It's super refreshing and pleasant. Plus, it smells like cucumber + aloe vera.

12. The Face Shop Green Tea The Vert Daily Perfumed Hand Cream
The best hand cream I've ever used in my life. It's a gel type of hand cream, which is more hydrating and moisturizing and does not leave a weird sticky film. It also smells so good, like fresh green tea water or juice. It definitely makes my hand feel softer, more supple and smoother. Since it's quite small, this can be carried around easily and doesn't require a huge space for storage.

13. Innisfree Canola Honey Lip Balm in Smooth Care
This is by far the best lip balm I've ever used (I know I say that a lot but please believe me, guys). If you're looking for an affordable lip balm, this will be the one for you. It's made of honey and Innisfree is known for their natural ingredients in their products. It's super moisturizing and hydrating on the lips, and it does not have a smell or taste (which is a plus because I have another lip balm and it tastes like plastic vanilla). It's easy to carry around and lasts for a long time.

14. The Face Shop Mango Seed Lip Scrub
I swear, The Face Shop has been killing it lately with their products and I'm happy about that, obviously. Their lip scrub isn't like an actual scrub with sugar or beads or anything like that. It's more on the cream side. It definitely makes my lips feel softer and smoother after using this. The smell has a very lovely, strong mango smell and it tastes like mango, but after I remove the product from my lips, the taste is completely gone.

15. TRESemme Heat Defence Styling Spray
This is a really excellent heat styling spray for your hair. I assume most girls use their hair-dryers to dry their hair after washing their hair and some even use their hair-curlers or hair-straighteners. This will help protect the hair from the heat, because it'll really damage the hair and burn it if you don't use a heat protectant or styling spray. This one in particular is very easy to spray, it's very fine and can be used for styling as well, so it's a very versatile product.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So that is all for my 2016 Beauty Favourites, Part 1 and 2. If you're interested in what I loved in the year 2016 for make-up, click here to read!


Follow me:
Twitter: @CandyToo_
Instagram: @candy_too
Snapchat: @candytoo

No comments:

Post a Comment