Thursday 6 April 2017

[REVIEW] Jouer Cosmetics Lip Creme in Lychee

Hey guys! I'm back with an absolutely new product that I just purchased on November of last year and received around January 2017.
Jouer Cosmetics have been around since 2004 and are known for their lip cremes, powder highlighters and lip toppers.
Product Claim: They are said to be "weightless, long-wear liquid lipstick that offers full coverage colour with a soft-touch finish that glides on smoothly and lasts all day".

Let's see if they work as they claimed to be!
It is a stunning matte cool dusty rose shade that's perfect for the spring and summertime. Also, great for everyday-wear.
I am very impressed with how soft and creamy this liquid lipstick is. It applies very smoothly and glides on so well on the lips. It has a velvet to matte finish, but more on the velvet side. It's not drying at all and it's very comfortable on the lips.

It claims to be lightweight, and well, it is, but it isn't 100% lightweight. You can sort of still feel the lipstick sitting on top of the lips, but it's totally normal. It doesn't crease or transfer as well, which is a plus because most liquid lipsticks have the tendency to do that.
It has really high coverage, good pigmentation and very consistent. I also noticed how long-lasting this lipstick was when I came home after a long day at 8pm. It wore so beautifully, even after 10 hours and it didn't look like my lips were cracking or some sort.

The doe-foot applicator is small so that it could cover all the areas of the lips, including the corners of the mouth and other nooks and crannies that are needed to be filled. In a way, having a small doe-foot applicator is a con, because it doesn't fill in the lips as quickly as I would want.
It has a slight sweet vanilla scent to it that is really pleasant. The smell reminds me of Kylie's Matte Liquid Lipsticks, but less stronger.

I love how this lipstick does not move around or go out of the lip line and it also does not smudge at all, even after eating greasy foods. I am completely in love with everything about this lipstick. From the innovative and unique rectangular packaging to the formula to the colour of the lipstick and the longevity.

Price: USD18.00 (I bought it for USD15.30 using 15% discount codes)
Size/Amount of Product: 6ml/0.21 fl.oz
Would I repurchase this? Yes, and no. I would purchase the same lipstick, but in a different shade. I want to try out different shades of the same lipstick.

Pros:
-creamy, soft
-smooth application and glides on smoothly
-full coverage, very pigmented
-variety of different shades
-long-lasting
-great colour pay-off
-doesn't smudge, transfer, crease
-not drying, patchy

Cons:
-shipping is expensive
-small doe-foot applicator (fills in lips more slowly)

Overall Comment:
I absolutely love this liquid lipstick. The formula, pigmentation and coverage, longevity and colour pay-off of this lipstick is just outstanding and excellent. I will purchase this lipstick, but in a different shade and try out more. It's just as good as the Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipsticks.

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment